What information is on an SIO verification letter?
A verification letter produced through Student Information Online can contain the following information:
- Enrollment History: For a specific semester or all enrolled semesters. Verifies attendance, enrollment, and good standing, as well as full-time/part-time status, college, department, major, class level, and semester begin/end dates.
- Awarded degrees: Includes degree, major, award date, and (if the option is selected) any additional majors and/or minors.
- Expected degrees: For students who have pending degrees. Includes degree, major, expected graduation date, and (if the option is selected) any additional majors and/or minors.
- QPA info: Shows semester QPA (for most recent semester where QPA is available), along with cumulative QPA if option is selected. Note: This information cannot be faxed.
Additionally, if you are registered for an upcoming semester, the option to verify registered status for the upcoming semester will show as an option when you request a verification through SIO. Enrollment is defined as being registered and attending classes, and so we cannot verify enrollment prior to the start of a semester.
How long does it take to process verification requests?
Currently enrolled students can obtain verification letters instantly through Student Information Online.
Alumni requests, special requests, or requests submitted through SIO for mail/fax delivery are typically processed within 2–3 business days. If you have a question as to the status of a request, you may email email@example.com.
I need to verify that I am on Leave of Absence; how can I get such a letter?
How may I obtain a letter that verifies the courses I have taken and the grades I received?
I need to show proof of my degree for an H1B Visa; what do I do?
I have a special form that must be filled out for my scholarship/government/internship/etc.
If you need to submit a special form to verify your enrollment or degree, please do the following:
- Produce an enrollment/degree verification letter through Student Information Online
- Bring both the SIO letter and the special form to The HUB to be completed and sent
Please note: If there is a section that can be completed by you, (i.e. your name and the semester for which it is relevant), please fill this out ahead of time. This will speed up processing. You do not need to fill in the information that Enrollment Services must verify.