Listed below is a short list of embassy websites for students to utilize when applying for their student visa:
(scroll to Student Visa at bottom of page)
Before applying, take the following into consideration:
- Most countries do require a student visa. The length of study, as well as the course of study, and what a student will be participating in (volunteer activities, internships, research, etc.) will factor into the visa process.
- As each student has their own itinerary and course schedule, it is the student's own responsibility to make sure they apply for and receive the correct visa for their time abroad.
- Visa requirements may change at any time. Students should continually check the embassy's websites for current information regarding recent visa policy changes.
- Information provided on the sites below may be applicable only for United States passport holders. Make sure to verify the needs for your particular country of citizenship.
- If a letter of support (pdf) (verifying payment and ensuring that the student will return to the US to complete their degree) is needed, please contact a study abroad advisor.