Applications Open Now!
Build Your Master's Degree. At Your Pace.
Dive into an online master's degree, designed with flexibility and the working professional in mind. It is the same Master of Integrated Innovation for Products and Services (MIIPS) degree that we offer on campus, but we’ve completely reorganized classes to make it flexible for you. Join elite innovators by enhancing your understanding at the intersection of design, engineering, and business to elevate your career.
Pick your own pace— you can start by applying to the complete master's degree or build to the degree by completing one certificate at a time. Once you've completed all four online stackable certificates, you'll be ready to jump into the final capstone course.
Step 1: Complete the four online stackable certificates
- Methods & Tools for Product Innovation
- New Product Management
- Product Design Innovation
- Technology for Product Management
Step 2: Take the final capstone course, Professional Practice of Product Innovation
- Identify, understand, conceptualize, and introduce a product opportunity
- Focus on successful communication skills through multiple presentations and reports
Your Program. Your Pace.
Complete the MIIPS online degree in as quickly as five semesters or extend up to nine semesters. You determine the pace and may change it during your studies — speeding up or slowing down when you need to.
Traditional Degree Process
- 21 months or 5 semesters with no breaks
- 1 certificate per semester
- 20 hours per week
Accelerated Degree Process
- 12 months or 3 semesters with no breaks
*students should start in the spring or summer semester
- 2 certificates per semester
- 40 hours per week
Extended Degree PROCESS
- 36 months or 9 semesters
- 1 module (1/2 certificate) per semester
- 10 hours per week
Applications Are Always Open!
Complete your application in minutes and receive your admissions decision in days.
The Final Step: Capstone Details
As students prepare to complete their master’s level studies, they leverage the information and skills gained in previous certificates to confidently assess market opportunities — from researching the needs of users to refining the most promising options to success.
Because this capstone course is offered online, it may be taken from anywhere that there’s an internet connection.
Students experience the challenging curriculum of Carnegie Mellon University, grow professionally, and complete their Master of Integrated Innovation in Products & Services degree.
What will you gain?
- Experience with the innovation process, building on and furthering the skills you acquired in the completed certificates.
- Professional skills needed to succeed in the real world of business and innovation
- Communication skills for presentations in a product and service innovation context
- The ability to critically assess how theoretical methods and principles impact innovation in practice
Capstone Course Description
49-608, Professional Practice of Product Innovation
Am I A Good Fit?
The iii's online coursework attracts career-minded individuals who are looking for a flexible learning structure that allows them to go to school and continue working full time.
Highly qualified candidates demonstrate a passion for product & service development, innovation, and/or entrepreneurship and have the following background. Sound like you? Learn more about the admissions process.
An Online Student's Perspective
The flexible, self-paced nature of the iii online programs helps Kyle balance his work-life with his education while also giving him tuition reimbursement options.
There are a lot of graduate degree options out there, but Kyle picked the MIIPS Online Degree for the flexibility to learn at his own pace in a remote environment.