Applications for Fall 2023 Open on October 1st
MSSM Program Details: Part Time Format
Gain the skills you need to level up your career in the software industry in a flexible format.
Designed with the working professional in mind, this format offers the option to attend classes on-campus or remotely. You'll acquire the skills needed to become product managers, directors of software development, or entrepreneurs.
Graduates with extensive industry experience pursue strategic and executive leadership positions in software businesses.
- Classes take place in the evenings, one night a week
- Students can attend on-campus or remotely to accommodate their professional and personal schedule
- Students can complete the degree in as a little as two years
Curriculum & Course Preview
- Standard part-time track: Two years, over six contiguous semesters
- 144 units are needed to complete all degree requirements
- If work or other demands require that you take a break from the program, you may request a leave of up to one year. Students have a total of 6 years to complete the program.
- Students must have a minimum QPA of 3.0 to graduate.
For additional details regarding degree requirements, review our full Graduate Student Handbook.
As part of the MSSM curriculum, students complete courses in the following areas:
Elements of Software Management
Metrics for Software Managers
The Business of Software
Software Product Strategy
Agile Marketing for High Tech Innovation
Organizational Behavior for High Tech Knowledge Industry
Software Product Definition
Process & Project Management
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Open Source Software
Architecture & Programming Principles
Mobile Apps for the Internet of Things
Architecture Principles for Product Managers