Applications for Fall 2024 enrollment are now open.
Applications will close on January 8, 2024.
- Graduate application (online)
- A sample of original written work, such as a paper or scientific report
- Personal research statement/statement of purpose
- Three (or more) letters of recommendation
- Transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities
- GRE General test scores. We accept scanned copies of unofficial score reports. GRE subject tests are not required, but may be submitted if the applicant chooses. We recognize that for some applicants the GRE imposes a significant hardship. If you have concerns, please reach out to the Director of Graduate Studies to request a GRE waiver.
- For non-native English speaking applicants, we require scores from one of the following tests: TOEFL, IELTS, or the Duolingo English Language Test.
- There is no application fee for applying to any of the graduate programs in the department of philosophy.
Scanned versions of official transcripts, GRE score reports, and TOEFL/IELTS scores can be uploaded in lieu of sending paper copies. Students are encouraged to determine if they qualify for a GRE fee waiver.