Applications for Fall 2020 enrollment (including letters of recommendation) are due on Friday, January 3, 2020.Applications for Doctoral (Logic, Computation, & Methodology; Pure & Applied Logic; or Philosophy), Master of Science, and Master of Arts degrees must include:
- Graduate application
- Sample of original written work
- Personal research statement
- Three (or more) letters of recommendation
- Transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities
- GRE scores (Institution code: 2074; Department code: 2801)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for non-native English speaking applicants
- There is no application fee for applying to any of the graduate programs in the department of philosophy
Scanned versions of official transcripts, GRE score reports, and TOEFL / IELTS scores can be uploaded in lieu of sending paper copies.
Whenever possible, materials should be submitted electronically.
For any material that cannot be submitted online (e.g., official transcripts), please send it to:
Department of Philosophy
135 Baker Hall
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
List of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
For specific admissions-related questions not answered in the FAQ, please contact Kevin Zollman, Director of Graduate Studies.
Student consumer information is available.