Lodging & Transportation
Travel from the airport
- The 28X Port Authority Bus leaves directly from the lower level of the airport and arrives in Oakland. The terminus is CMU so you can even snooze on the way. It has a dedicated busway that bypasses rush hour traffic freeway and costs only $3.75. Taxis and commercial vans do not have access to the busway and cost more. Allow an hour for the ride.
- Super Shuttle - Shared van pickup and delivery at any address. Attendant dressed in blue at ground transportation level of airport. Fare: $23.00.
- Yellow Cab - Large lighted sign and taxi line at ground transportation level of airport. Nonstop service. Handy when arriving late at night. $50.00+.
- Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center (412) 682–6200. [Map] 1 mile from Baker Hall. The 28X bus stops a half block away at Fifth and Tennyson. The hotel has a free shuttle van to Baker Hall.
- Hilton Garden Inn University Place (412) 683–2040. [Map] 1.3 miles from Baker Hall. The 28X bus stops at the hotel at Forbes and McKee.
- Courtyard by Marriott (412) 683–3113. [Map] 1.8 miles from Baker Hall.
General travel information
- The Philosophy Department at CMU is in Baker Hall 161. CMU campus map.
- General travel and accommodations information (directions, parking, hotels, etc.).