Registration open now!
All INI students and alumni are invited to participate.
Join the INI and CMU Delphi team for a COVIDcast Hackathon, June 26-28, 2020!
Calling all INI students and alumni: don't miss this exciting opportunity to be a part of positive change and hack for a cause!
The INI is teaming up with Carnegie Mellon University's Delphi Research Group to host a COVIDcast Hackathon on June 26-28, 2020. All INI students, including our incoming MS32 cohort, and alumni are invited to participate.
Delphi is working with popular websites such as Facebook to run symptoms and behavior surveys to support the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic tracking and forecasting effort.
Data can be a powerful tool in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. Delphi has code that does some of the data analysis they want, but it is incomplete. That's why Delphi is hosting the COVIDcast Hackathon with the INI to help further develop their prototype.
Can you help? We're inviting all INI students and alumni to join the COVIDcast Hackathon and compete on speed optimizations, coverage, and configurability.
Register by June 26!
We encourage everyone to participate - no hackathon experience necessary. This is a great way to try something new and have fun while doing it.
Registration open until Friday, June 26 at 1 p.m. UTC/ 9 a.m. ET/ 6 a.m. PT
Why you should participate:
- Direct your energy, enthusiasm and talents towards hacking for a cause: using data to help aid the fight against COVID-19
- Contribute to a major initiative at Carnegie Mellon, spanning the university's leadership in machine learning, statistics and data science fields
- Get to know your fellow INI community members, both current/incoming students, alumni and faculty
- Build your resume in preparation for Technical Opportunities Conference (TOC) and other recruitment fairs this fall
- And most importantly, have fun! You can devote as much or as little time to this hackathon as you want. Adjust your participation to match your schedule and bandwidth.
Your Next Steps
- Join INI Hackathons on Slack, where you can introduce yourself in our #welcome channel and ask any questions you have about the event!
- Register by June 26
- Catch up on Delphi's COVIDcast efforts
- Consider whether you'd like to sign up as a group of up to four people or by yourself. Use Slack to connect with one another! Please let us know if you would like to be matched into a larger group.
What You'll Need:
- A computer
- A stable internet connection