Payment Forms (PayDoc) FAQs
What is a payment form (PayDoc)?
A PayDoc is a payment form required to be completed and submitted to Accounts Payable to generate a payment without a purchase order (PO).
What forms are considered PayDocs?
The following forms are considered PayDocs:
- Accounts Payable Human Subject Participant/Principal Investigator Form [.pdf]
- Accounts Payable Request for Payment/Refund Form [.pdf]
- Accounts Payable Non-Employee Gift Form [.pdf]
- Accounts Payable Non-Employee Prize Award Payment Form [.pdf]
- Accounts Payable Non-Qualified Scholarship Payment Form [.pdf]
- Accounts Payable Petty Cash Payment Form [.pdf]
- Accounts Payable Travel Advance Payment Form [.pdf]
These forms are available on the Finance Division Forms page.
How do I submit PayDocs to Accounts Payable?
All PayDocs should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is additional information required to be submitted with a PayDoc to generate a payment?
Yes, documentation to support the validity of the payment is required to be submitted with the PayDoc to Accounts Payable for processing. Please note that payment will not be generated without any backup and a member of Taxation or Accounts Payable will contact the person who submitted the form if information is missing.
Where should questions be directed to regarding a PayDoc that has already been submitted?
Questions for PayDoc forms should be directed to AP-Help@andrew.cmu.edu.
Will departments be contacted when a PayDoc has been processed?
No, departments will not be contacted when payments have been processed. Individuals with Oracle AP Inquiry access can view the status of the payment within Oracle.
How can I make a request for a check to be picked up at Cash Operations?
How long will it take a PayDoc to be entered in Oracle for payment?
Are there steps that I can take to help with the PayDoc processing?
Yes, Accounts Payable recommends the following to help expedite the processing of a PayDoc:
- Complete the form electronically so the information is legible
- Ensure all required documentation (i.e., Form W-9, Form W-8, Foreign National Information Form, PA Withholding Exemption Form) and sufficient support to justify the payment is included with the form
- Review the PayDoc form for accuracy and completeness prior to sending to Accounts Payable
Can I email multiple PayDocs to email@example.com in the same email?
Where can I find PayDoc forms?
I have an old version of a PayDoc on my computer. What happens if I submit the old form to Accounts Payable?
Will I be able to view the PayDoc invoice in Oracle?
CMU Ethics Reporting Hotline
www.reportit.net (Username: tartans; Password: plaid)