Purchase Order/Accounts Payable Invoice Processing FAQs
How do I receive on a Purchase Order?
- Select POREQ Buyer and Approver, for the set of books in which this PO was created.
- Under the Receiving section, select Receipts.
- NOTE: If prompted, select the Set of Books again. For U.S., this will be CM.
- Enter the PO number in the PO Number field, and click Find.
- Drag the Receipt Headers window out of the way, revealing the grid.
- Check the box next to the line you wish to receive.
- If the quantity is not correct, change it.
How do I add additional money to a purchase order?
If you still have any questions or concerns, you may contact the Financial Systems Help Desk.
Where do I send completed Purchasing Checklist and Bid Summary Forms (Bid Checklists)?
All Purchasing Checklist and Bid Summary Forms (Bid Checklists) should be attached to the purchase order in Oracle. The following instructions explain how to attach the bid checklist:
- Go into your Oracle POREQ Buyer and Approver responsibility and choose Purchase Orders.
- If creating a new PO, input the required data into the PO header fields and save your work.
- While in any field in the PO header section, click the Attachments paper clip icon in the toolbar.
- In the Attachments form, click on the Category field
- Select the Bid Checklist option.
- Enter a title and description if desired. These fields are optional and will show in the approver’s workflow notification. If a title is not entered, the file name will show as the document name.
- Go to the Source Tab. A decision box will pop up asking if the file has been uploaded successfully. Do not click on either Yes or No yet.
- Locate the GFM upload page. (Note: this window often opens behind the Oracle application)
- Click the Browse button to search for the file to submit.
- Once the file has been submitted and the name shows in the Upload file field, click Submit.
- Close the window once the confirmation message is received.
- Go back into Oracle and click Yes in the decision box to indicate that the file has been attached successfully.
- Oracle will automatically save at this step. To confirm that the attachment was successfully added, click any field in the PO header and confirm that the paperclip icon now has a piece of paper in it.
For more detailed instructions, refer to the Purchase Order Attachments Quick Guide [.pdf].
CMU Ethics Reporting Hotline
www.reportit.net (Username: tartans; Password: plaid)