Cheers to 50 Years!
For a half century, Andrew Carnegie Society members have been committed to the future of Carnegie Mellon University and have demonstrated that commitment through generous support of the student experience, impactful research, and attracting highly talented, collaborative students, faculty and and staff to CMU.
During this anniversary year, we are proud to celebrate the impact of our ACS members who continue to advance CMU’s vision through philanthropy and engagement. The university's bright future is built on the foundation provided by 50 years of ACS members like you!
A Legacy of Impact
Since its founding, members of the ACS have advanced countless transformative CMU initiatives like:
ACS Legacy and endowed scholarships that make a CMU education possible for students with a financial need and, for many donors, create an opportunity to build a relationship with the student recipient.
New and increased resources, like the new Highmark Center for Health, Wellness and Athletics, that nurture a supportive and welcoming university environment, which helps students achieve their academic, personal and professional goals.
Undergraduate research grants that enable our students, alongside world-class faculty, to advance innovation in their field of study.
As part of your membership in the Andrew Carnegie Society, you will receive:
- Opportunities to engage with students, faculty and university leadership, and to network with other ACS members
- Special invitations to CMU programs
- Insider communications
- Interactions with ACS Scholars, who are among the best and brightest seniors at CMU
The minimum qualifying gift for ACS members is $2,500 per year.
The Andrew Carnegie Society is one of several prestigious giving societies at Carnegie Mellon University, each honoring those who have contributed to the university in different ways.
Your recent gift may have also qualified you for one of these societies:
- Order of the May Recognizes an unbroken string of annual giving to Carnegie Mellon University. Members are invited to the Order of the May celebration each year, at which individuals who achieve 25+ years of consecutive giving are formally inducted as lifetime members of the society.
- W.L. Mellon Society Celebrates leadership annual giving to the Tepper School of Business.
- H. John Heinz III College Dean’s Circle Acknowledges leadership annual giving to the Heinz College of Information Systems and Public Policy.