To learn more about how a degree in philosophy can give you an advantage in your career path, check out:
Yes, your kid will do something with that philosophy degree after all – Washington Post
- The Daily Nous Value of Philosophy Pages - frequently updated!
- Why Study Philosophy? – Consider one answer from Emeritus Professor, William F. Nietmann.
- The Management Myth - The Atlantic; Matthew Stewart, Consultant, offers another answer.
- Philosophy majors outperform all other majors on both the Verbal Reasoning and Analytical Writing sections of the GRE.
- An Analysis of LSAT Scores by Undergraduate Major reveals philosophy graduates are top performers on this score as well.
- Philosophy majors outperform business, finance, marketing, information systems, international business, and accounting majors on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and outperform every undergraduate major except mathematics and physics.
Here are some more helpful links about philosophy and its benefits:
- That ‘Useless’ Liberal Arts Degree Has Become Tech's Hottest Ticket – Forbes Magazine
- "50 Ways to Improve your Life." On the list? Study Philosophy. — U.S. News and World Report
- Be Employable, Study Philosophy – Salon
- The Unexpected Way Philosophy Majors Are Changing The World of Business – The Huffington Post
- Is Philosophy the Most Practical Major? – The Atlantic Monthly
- Surprise: Humanities Degrees Provide Great Return On Investment – Forbes Magazine
- In a New Generation of College Students, Many Opt for the Life Examined – New York Times
- The Benefits of Being a Philosophy Major – blog post by Katrina Sifferd
- Why Philosophy Has Been Central to Legal Education for More Than a Century – Brian Leiter, College Blog at The Huffington Post
- For Philosophy majors, the question after graduation is: What next? - Washington Post
- Why This Tech CEO Keeps Hiring Humanities Majors – Fast Company