Room Reservation Guidelines
Please note: Due to the high demand for the space, Rooms 201, 202 and 205 can only be reserved by INI students, INI staff, and INI faculty, III students in INI's Practicum course and all CyberCorps® Scholarship for Service (SFS) students (including non-INI students).
Purpose of Rooms
- Rooms 201 and 202 on the second floor of the INI building are designated as INI Interview Rooms and are available for students to use for phone interviews and other career services-related activities.
*Students who need to make career or class-related long distance calls may reserve a designated phone line for this purpose. This process must be scheduled through the INI Front Desk, with approval from INI Career Services.
- The INI Project Room, Room 205, is designed for project team meetings, office hours and other group activities. It has a capacity of 16 people and full VTC capability.
Priority and Quotas
- Reservations are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis, and are subject to approval. Your reservation is pending until you receive an approval email.
- Demand for using this space is high. In order to accommodate as many requests as possible, students can only make reservations of INI Project Room, Room 205 and Rooms 201 and 202 in up to two-hour blocks and are limited to a maximum of 6 hours per week*. Reservations can be made for a one-time use or recurring use during the semester. Please email email@example.com if you would like to request additional time.
- The INI reserves the right to move or change reservations.
Reservation Cancellation Policy
If you do not plan on using the space during your reservation time, you must cancel the room request. To cancel a room reservation, visit rooms.ini.cmu.edu, hover over the Schedule tab, click on Bookings, click on your reservation on the calendar, and click the Delete button.
Leave the room clean and remove all items that you bring into the space. You will be responsible for any damage. Please let the INI staff know of any damage prior to using the room.
Room Reservation Process
STEP 2: Visit rooms.ini.cmu.edu
STEP 3: Login with your Andrew ID and password.
First time users: Hover over the My Account tab at the top of the page and click on Notification Preferences. Make sure “send me an email” is selected for “when my pending reservation is approved.” Note: a reservation is not booked until you receive a confirmation via email.
STEP 4: Hover over the Schedule tab at the top of the page and click on Bookings for a side-by-side calendar view of the availability of all rooms.
STEP 5: Find the room, date, and time that you would like to reserve – click in the block with the desired start time and drag your cursor to the desired end time.
STEP 6: The “create a new reservation” window should pop up. Verify that the correct room, date, and times have been selected.
STEP 7: Fill out the 'Purpose of Reservation' field under Additional Attributes.
STEP 8: Click create. By submitting the request, you agree to the INI Room Reservation Guidelines. You will receive a confirmation email once your room reservation request has been approved. Please note that requests will be approved during business hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.), up to 30 days in advance of the requested date.