- Educate and develop engineers through technical, interdisciplinary master’s degree programs in information networking, security and mobile and IoT engineering that incorporate business and policy perspectives. Our graduates contribute to technological advancements, pioneer engineering solutions, and lead enterprises in the global economy.
- Provide a teaching and learning environment that is welcoming, supportive, and inspiring for our students, faculty, staff, and alumni, regardless of their location in the world.
- Nurture a community of alumni, dedicated to the highest standards of ethics, who provide mentorship and encourage the proliferation of diverse opportunities for the global INI community.
- Pioneer collaborative and innovative educational initiatives that embody the entrepreneurial spirit of Carnegie Mellon University.
- We will be the internationally recognized leader of technical, interdisciplinary graduate education in information networking, information security and mobile and IoT engineering.
- We will attract individuals who are technically minded, intellectually curious and hard working to our programs and prepare them for leadership in their field and the larger societal context.
- We will attract, retain, nurture, and promote a diverse student population.
- We will strive for our graduates to be the most sought after by industry, academia and government in their respective fields.
- We will connect, engage, strengthen and serve our global community of alumni.
Excellence: We strive for the utmost quality in everything we do.
Integrity: We require the highest moral and ethical standards in our research, education, and practice.
Diversity: We cultivate an inclusive culture that celebrates and values a diversity of opinion and intellectual perspective from all individuals, regardless of ethnic origin, race, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, and self-identity.
Interdisciplinarity: We advance the future of information networking, security and mobile and IoT engineering through interdisciplinarity, and we believe that different intellectual perspectives spur innovation and problem solving.
Innovation: We demonstrate agility and create novel solutions in response to the demands of the global market.
Engagement: We encourage involvement in campus life, industry, government and professional organizations, and public outreach activities in order to provide important links to the broader community.