Carnegie Mellon University

Discover what CaPS can offer you.

CaPS offers same-day appointments for urgent situations, 24/7 on-call service for after-hours needs and a variety of counseling and psychological services. Therapists are also available to consult with any member of the university community regarding student mental health concerns.

5 important things to
know about CaPS

  1. Our services are free, except for psychiatry.
  2. All of our services are confidential.
  3. Your attendance at CaPS will not reflect on your academic transcript.
  4. We see 16% of the student population, including both undergraduate and graduate students.
  5. Staff at CaPS represent different languages and cultures.

It's a sign of strength
to ask for help.

Most people will experience some psychological hardship that could benefit from professional support. Asking for help can result in a faster and more long-lasting recovery.