All purchase requests need to go through our purchasing manager, Cornelia Moore. This includes computing supplies, lab related materials, and airfare.
For detailed information about procurement policies, please visit Procurement Services website.
Lunch Meetings & Catering
Please contact Marilú Lundeen to place catering orders for lunch meetings and events.
Travel and Business Expense Reimbursements
|Student Travel and Conference Registration||Marilú Lundeen|
|Faculty Travel and Conference Registration||Cornelia Moore|
All travel reimbursements must be completed and submitted within 30 days of travel.
- Have a valid business purpose
- Expenses have not been reimbursed or paid for by an outside source (except grants/sponsored project administered by university)
- Follow the IRS accounting plan rules
- Appropriately documented
- Secure your receipts to a sheet of paper or in an envelope
- Receipts must be marked as paid and show method of payment
- Reservation confirmations are not accepted as a receipt
- Lodging per deim is not allowed - you must submit an actual receipt
- All items over $74.99 require a receipt for reimbursement
Misplaced a receipt? Please complete the Missing Receipt form.
NOTE: Students are not eligible for a per diem and should submit individual meal receipts.
Best Practices for Travel Expenses
- Acronyms must be spelled out (ie: ASCE should be listed as American Society of Civil Engineers)
- Claiming mileage? Include a print out of the route (ie: Google Maps)
- Conference agenda must be included
- Spouses of traveler are ineligible for reimbursement (travel, meals, etc) without an approved, business related, justification
- First initial and last name of all guests must be included unless there are 6 or more people
- Alcohol cannot be reimbursed under federal funds
- Alcohol should also be listed as "unallowable" and listed on a separate expense line
- Meals included (ie: hotel, conference, you are taken to dinner) are excluded from per diem allowance
Please review the Controller's website for detailed information about the University's Business and Travel Expense policy FAQ.