To apply for internal transfer to Dietrich College, students would:
1. complete the Application for Internal Transfer [.pdf]
2. deliver this application to Baker Hall A57 and set up an interview. You will be able to set up an interview no sooner than 24 hours after you make the appointment.
3. run an Academic Audit for the major(s) you are interested in pursuing in Dietrich College and bring it to the interview
4. view major requirements in the Undergraduate Catalog
5. gather a copy of any non-CMU course descriptions and transcripts to bring to the interview (whether these courses have been transferred already or not)
6. interview with a Dietrich College Academic Advisor in the Academic Advisory Center (Baker Hall A57)7. for students interested in the Information Systems major, complete the additional application materials
When To ApplyStudents may apply anytime other than three weeks each semester: the two weeks prior to Registration week and Registration Week. AAC advisors will be meeting with current advisees during those weeks. Student's current advisor can work with them during this period if registration issues arise.
First semester freshmen may first apply for internal transfer to Dietrich College starting in their second semester. This will allow for meaningful advising by their current college advisor and informed assessment of initial college decision.
CMU admits transfer students interested in a Dietrich College major for the fall or spring semester.
The university's residency requirement states that a candidate for the bachelor's degree must complete a minimum of four semesters of full-time study (or the equivalent of part-time study) equaling at least 180 units. If a degree has already been obtained at another institution (outside of CMU), courses that were counted twoard that degree may not be used again as transfer credit toward an H&SS undergraduate degree. All units required for an undergraduate degree, whether earned in residence, transferred fcrom another institution or granted vcia advanced placement, must have been earned within eight years of the date on which the dgree is granted.
The Office of Admission counselor for Dietrich College majors is Nicholas Hinkle. The Dietrich College admission External Transfer liaison for only Dietrich College majors is Debby Gerhardt, Assistant Director, Dietrich College AAC.
1. gather a copy of any non-CMU course descriptions and transcripts to bring to the interview
2. meet with the Dietrich College admission External Transfer liaison for all Dietrich College majors only (Debby Gerhardt, Assistant Director, Dietrich College AAC).
3. apply to the university through the university undergraduate Office of Admission as an External Transfer.
All External Transfer policies apply to employee applicants. Exception: If you are a full-time employee, Human Resources does not require an application fee.
The Office of Admission counselor for the Dietrich College is Nicholas Hinkle.