Mark has spent over 30 years in the intersection of software development, product design, and business strategy. He has worked across multiple different industries, continents, and sizes of organization.
He is currently the General Manager of the Design, Materials, and Simulation Process Data Management Business Units at Ansys. Mark originally joined Ansys as the Vice President of Marketing in June 2015, and prior to that he was the Sr. Vice President of Customer Success at Parallels. He also spent over 10 years at Microsoft in roles ranging from General Manager in the Server and Tools business group, to Vice President of the Developer business in the US. Prior to this he was at The Boston Consulting Group, co-founded a digital agency, and did scientific computing at Novo Nordisk.
Mark holds a Master of Science from the Technical University of Denmark and has done nuclear research at CERN.
Areas of Expertise
- High-tech entrepreneurship & innovation
- Product management
- Go-to-market strategy
- Software development
Integrated Innovation Courses
- Designing Smart and Intelligent Products: Using AI in Industrial Applications
- Master of Science in Engineering Physics and Mathematics, Technical University of Denmark
- R&D100 Winner
- Pittsburgh Innovator of the Year 2018
- Tech Briefs Product of the Year 2017
- IABC Pittsburgh Business Communicator of the Year