Brandon H. Bodily
Assistant Teaching Professor
Brandon has spent over 20 years developing and implementing new materials and manufacturing processes for the aerospace industry. His experience includes internal research and design studies, manufacturing methods, and external customer-facing roles in the aerospace industry. Brandon has leveraged this unique experience to successfully develop solutions that satisfy the customer’s design, engineering, and business needs, resulting in solutions that literally fly.
Before joining the institute as a full time Assistant Teaching Professor, Brandon most recently worked at Aerotech, a world leader in precisions motion controls and automation. His focus was on the design and production of custom, large-scale motion control systems. He worked cross-functionally with engineers, scientists, and technicians to design and deliver integrated systems for demanding, high precision applications.
When he isn't working with students at the institute, he is a dad and runner who likes to climb mountains.
Areas of Expertise
- Aerospace engineering
- Manufacturing methods
- Project management
Integrated Innovation Courses
- Designing for the Internet of Things
- People First: A Critical Look at Collaboration
- How Things Can Be Made
- Innovation Mindset in Practice
- Integrated Product Conceptualization
- Manufacturing Futures
- Integrated Product Development Capstone
- Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering, Purdue University
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Utah State University
- 2007 R&D 100 Award for Aluminum-Lithium Alloy 2099
- Three granted patents related to additive manufacturing technologies and the Ampliforge® process