Dr. Deana Anglin
Dr. Deana Anglin is a Founder (Intrapreneur) & General Manager of a startup within Google and an Adjunct Professor at Carnegie Mellon University. She has over 12 years of experience as a hybrid product development and user experience (UX) practitioner for global products and services. Deana is often found in-field learning about people across Asia, Africa, Australia, Europe, North & South America.
She informs and guides product strategy from conception to launch, for products that support small businesses and connects them with consumers including a new AI branding startup for entrepreneurs, and previously orderfood.google.com and ‘Reserve with Google’ service booking products. She advises US, Africa and Brazil-based startups through Google’s startup programs. A native of Jamaica, Deana is founder of the Azarae Foundation, a non-profit enabling access to education and opportunities for Caribbean youth.
Deana received a PhD in Computing from Georgia Tech where she focused on designing technologies to solve socio-economic challenges around the globe like youth development and rural water quality monitoring.
Areas of Expertise
- Technology design for International and/or emerging markets
- Service design
- Social computing
- Mobile computing
- Information and Communications for Development (ICTD)
Integrated Innovation Courses
- User-Centered Research Methods for Product Innovation
- Doctory of Philosophy (PhD) in Human-Centered Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Master of Science in Human-Computer Interaction (IT), Rochester Institute of Technology
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Math & Spanish, Lawrence University
- Georgia Tech Foley Scholar
- Intel PhD Fellow
- Google Anita Borg Scholar
- NSF Grace Hopper Scholar
- GEM Fellow
- Xerox Technical Scholarship Recipient