Carnegie Mellon University

Required Immigration Forms

Please review our After Admission page for general information about starting the program.

With your admissions offer is a link to the Student Information Form. You must complete this document to obtain your I-20 or DS-2019 Certificate from OIE at Carnegie Mellon. The supplemental documents and financial proof documents must be mailed to OIE directly. You will be notified by OIE when your I-20 is ready.

  • For complete details on required forms and how to apply for a US Visa, visit OIE’s website.
  • You must submit your I-20 or DS-2019 documents by the deadline stated in the admission letter in order to allow for sufficient time to obtain the certificate and schedule a visa interview.
  • Applicants who are sponsored by an outside organization, such as Fulbright, will have their documents processed by their sponsor.
  • Do not miss the August 31st (for fall semester start) or January 31st (for spring semester start) deadline for submitting final official transcripts and proof of graduation. You should contact the EST&P admissions staff immediately if you believe you cannot make this deadline. A bachelor’s degree is required to begin graduate studies, so no exception will be made for students not meeting this requirement.
  • Health Insurance and Immunizations are required for all CMU students and have deadlines set by University Health Services