The Department of Engineering and Public Policy
The Department of Engineering and Public Policy (EPP) is a unique department in the College of Engineering at Carnegie Mellon University which addresses important problems in combining both technology and policy. The department offers double-major undergraduate B.S. programs partnered with each of the five traditional CIT engineering departments and Computer Science, a master's degree in Engineering & Technology Innovation and Management (E&TIM), a master's degree in Engineering and Public Policy, and a research-oriented Ph.D. program.
Research in the department focuses on problems in:
- Risk Analysis and Risk Communication
- Information and Communication Technology and Policy
- Energy and Environmental Systems
- Managing the Risks of Terror and Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Computer-Based Tools for Quantitative Policy Analysis