To protect the well-being of the university community as the coronavirus outbreak continues to be a rapidly changing situation, the Cohon University Center is adjusting operations as noted below:
- Those needing to access the Cohon University Center should use one of the four card access entrances: The Cut near the bookstore, the Forbes Avenue front entrance, the Merson Courtyard middle entrance and the stadium side entrance. You will need to swipe your CMU ID to enter the building.
- The Cohon University Center is open 7 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. You will be asked to leave the building and are expected to do so by 10:30 p.m.
- The Cohon Center Info Desk is open Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., Saturday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Package Pickup and the Post Office will continue to operate under reduced hours. Package Pickup is open Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The Post Office is open Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Other services within the Cohon Center also have limited hours. The Carnegie Mellon Federal Credit Union is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday - Friday, by appointment only.
- Cohon Center fitness, athletic and recreational facilities are open: 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday - Friday, but are closed for cleaning 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday hours are 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Dining in the Cohon Center has limited hours: Entropy+, Au Bon Pain, Schatz and El Gallo De Oro.
- Tents across campus will be available for reservation using 25Live. Please follow all university Covid-19 guidelines and limit capacity to no more than 25 people.
- Please be advised that all hours are subject to change at any time without notice.
Fall Semester Hours (Post Thanksgiving)
November 30 – December 22
Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Winter Break Hours
Wednesday December 23: 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Thursday, December 24 – January 3: CLOSED
January 4 – 8: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
January 9 – 10: CLOSED
January 11–15: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
January 16 – 17: CLOSED
Cohon University Center
Designed to support health, wellness, and community engagement, the center offers conference space and meeting rooms, a studio theater, a state-of-the-art fitness center, gymnasium, swimming pool, multiple dining locations and plenty of gathering and study space.
Visitors to the Cohon Center
The Cohon Center is located on Forbes Avenue between the Purnell Center for the Arts and Gesling Stadium. The East Campus Parking Garage is the nearest parking facility. Visit Parking Services for more information.
For directions to Carnegie Mellon's Pittsburgh campus, view our campus maps.