Lake is a Silicon Valley deep tech VC investing in early-stage companies in AI, Big Data, SAAS, and Consumer Apps. She is also an Adjunct Professor at Carnegie Mellon University, teaching Applied AI at MS programs of Integrated Innovation Institute. She has been serving on 6 private and non-profit boards as Chairwomen or board of director.
Prior to her investor and educator roles, she has 20 years of product, engineering, and BU leadership positions at Alibaba, Apple, and Yahoo!, helping them to scale from early-stage companies to large corporations. She is employee #84 and head of product at Alibaba, and an early team member of Yahoo! International and Apple Asia. Lake is also a serial entrepreneur and founder of non-profit organizations that empower women leadership, entrepreneurship, and tech angels.
Lake is a well-respected expert in AI and Education and has spoken at the UN and House of Lords (Parliament of the UK), representing women in AI. She is also the inventor of 5 US patents in search algorithm, recommendation algorithm, and text tokenization.
Integrated Innovation Courses
- Applications of Artificial Intelligence
- Master of Science (MS) in Computer Science, Stanford University
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business
- Bachelor of Science in Economics, Beijing International Studies University
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Yahoo! Super Star Award
- System for Tokenizing text in Languages without Interword Separation | US 10002128
- In-Application Recommendation of Deep States of Native Applications | US 10146559
- Personalizing Deep Search Results Using Subscription Data | US 10157232
- Recommending Content Based On User Profiles Clustered by Subscription Data | US 10311478