First-Year Onboarding Checklist
Preparing for college is exciting and also requires planning. Review this page for required and recommended tasks to complete in the summer before you start your university experience.
Contingency Planning Note: These items and deadlines may be impacted based on plans that are under development for the fall 2020 semester. We will communicate any updates accordingly with incoming students and families.
- Varies by College - Academic Registration
- Multiple dates - Register for and attend a Remote Summer Welcome Event
- 5/31 - Submit Admitted Student Questionnaire (survey closed)
- 7/1 - Submit ID Card Photo
- 7/31 - Writing Course Placement (Nonnative English speakers only)
- 7/20 - Enroll in Online Banking
- 7/20 - Invite others to My Plaid Student
- 7/20 - Provide Invoice Authorization
- 7/20 - Order your computer from the CMU Tech Store
The deadlines for the items above have been extended to allow for more time to complete. While not required, these items are highly recommended to optimize your CMU experience.
- 7/1 - Arrange to send pre-college credit and exam scores (AP/IB/Cambridge Scores or Transfer Credit)
- 8/1 - Submit Immunization Form
- 8/24 - Complete Alcohol EDU for College (available on 8/1/20)
- 8/24 - Complete Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates (available on 8/15/20)
- 8/24 - Complete Kognito Mental Health Module
Additional for International Students
- 8/23 - Complete Immigration Check-in