The Chemistry Department at Carnegie Mellon University brings unique strengths in molecular science and engineering to important 21st century challenges in sustainability, human health and quality of life. We are passionate about research and education and invite you to join us as students, postdocs or collaborators in:
- polymer and materials chemistry to address energy and health needs,
- international collaborations in atmospheric and green chemistry to lead in sustainability,
- studying, diagnosing and treating disease with innovative, powerful tools for bioorganic chemistry and chemical biology,
- leveraging expertise in catalysis and energy across all of these areas,
- experimental and theoretical approaches coupled to advance understanding of fundamental structures and mechanisms in our physical, analytical and theoretical chemistry.
Our highly collaborative culture supports creativity and initiative so that students find multiple faculty mentors, have access to excellent facilities to support their work, and share their passion for chemistry through outreach.