The Chemistry Department is a vibrant community committed to the discovery of knowledge and the training of the next generation of scientists. Our faculty, students and alumni are international leaders making advances in the molecular sciences with lasting impact on foundational knowledge and critical global challenges including sustainability, health, and quality of life.
We have a passion for excellence in research and education and an open, collegial environment that supports creativity and initiative. We seek to address worthwhile problems through fundamental research, translational efforts, and entrepreneurial activities while fostering an inclusive atmosphere that values and supports faculty, staff, and students in achieving their ambitions.
Your gift to the Chemistry Department expresses your commitment to this vision. Every gift, large and small, makes an impact not just on the Chemistry Department, but on the world at large as our students and faculty share their knowledge and skills.
We encourage you to direct your gift to one of three priority funds:
- Undergraduate Education Fund – Gifts to this fund provide a wide set of important programs & activities for our undergraduates including travel to conferences and meetings, summer research opportunities, and clubs and special events.
- Graduate Education Fund – Gifts to this fund provide support for community-building graduate student activities, research, and travel to conferences and meetings.
- Instrumentation Fund – As you well know, chemistry research requires the latest equipment and instrumentation. Gifts to this fund will help make sure that all students are conducting research with the finest resources available.
How do I make my gift?
There are many ways to give to the Department of Biological Sciences at Carnegie Mellon:
- Credit Card
- Wire Transfers
- Gifts of Stock, Bonds or Mutual Funds
- Planned Gifts such as Bequests, CGAs, etc.
- Payroll Deduction
- Matching Gifts
- Faculty/Staff Payroll Deduction
Ways to donate
Carnegie Mellon University
PO Box 371525
Pittsburgh, PA 15251-7525
Contact the Mellon College of Science Development Staff
Associate Dean for Advancement & Strategic Initiatives
Associate Director of Development
Senior Director of Corporate and Government Relations
Senior Associate Director of Alumni & Constituent Engagement, University Advancement
Senior Director of Development
Assistant Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations