Class of 1963 50th Reunion Celebration
Congratulations, again, to the Class of 1963 on your 50th reunion! We had a special reunion celebration on Saturday, September 28 as part of Cèilidh Weekend 2013! Below are photos from the reunion.
The Tartan TalesThe below blurbs were originally published in The Tartan between 1959 and 1963. Do you remember them?
- November 11, 1959: Carnegie Tech won its ninth game in a row the past weekend, putting them one win away from their first undefeated season. An amazing achievement indeed for the Tech players, considering that they lost multiple players during the game to injuries such as boo-boos and ouchies.
- October 5, 1960: A short ad calling for nominees to the "Scimitar Society" is listed in the paper this week. The ad mentions that to be considered, one "must be in the top third of his class academically and participate in activities." Skill with a blade does not appear to be a qualification.
- October 3, 1962: First-year students are asked to share their impressions of Carnegie Tech. Answers offered include, "I wondered where the rest of the girls were," "What is this thing called sleep?" and "I can't walk on the grass." Despite the school's name change, Carnegie Mellon hasn't seemed to change much.
- April 24, 1963: The sixth glass door collapsed in Skibo Gymnasium. As with the previous five broken panes, it is unclear why the door appears to have fallen and shattered. The Tartan suggests that Skibo should hold off on replacing the door to air out the stench of the gymnasium and spend other funds mopping up other areas of campus.
The Office of Alumni Relations & Annual Giving is creating a book to commemorate your reunion which will include updates on you and your classmates. All classmates who fill out a Memory Book form will receive a full copy of the Memory Book. We want to hear what you have been doing the last 50 years! Also, feel free to email or mail one or two personal photographs that you would like included on your page (we have all 1963 yearbook photos, so no need to send yours). You may download the form in either PDF or MSWord format. Once you have completed the form, please send it to the attention of "50th Reunion Memory Book":
- Fax: 412-268-7239
Attention: 50th Reunion Memory Book
Carnegie Mellon University
Alumni Relations & Annual Giving
5017 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
- Deadline: Friday, October 25, 2013