Integrated BS/MS Program
If you are a current CMU undergraduate considering graduate school after you have completed your undergraduate studies you can get a head-start by working with your academic advisor to plan a course of study that leads to both the BS in your technical undergraduate major and the MS in Engineering and Public Policy.
- Satisfied all requirements for the BS degree
- Register for a minimum of one semester of full-time study as a graduate student
- Complete all of the requirements for the MS degree
This course of study will typically require ten semesters of study, although advanced placement or other study may reduce your time. With the approval of your academic advisor, you may take courses while an undergraduate that will count toward your MS degree as long as these courses are beyond the minimum number of units required for your BS degree.
How to Apply
- Apply between the 5th and 7th semester of your undergraduate program (transfer student timeframe for application will be adjusted on a case by case basis)
- Send an email indicating interest and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and request to make an appointment with the Integrated BS/MS advisor.