Carnegie Mellon University

Integrated BS/MS Program

If you are a current CMU undergraduate considering graduate studies after you have completed your undergraduate degree, you can get a head start by working with your academic advisor to plan a course of study that leads to both the BS in your technical undergraduate major and the MS in Engineering and Public Policy.

Program Requirements

  • Satisfied all requirements for the BS degree
  • Register for a minimum of one semester of full-time study as a graduate student
  • Complete all of the requirements for the MS degree

This full course of study will typically require ten semesters of study, although advanced placement or other study may reduce the time required. With the approval of your academic advisor, you may take courses while an undergraduate that could count toward your MS degree as long as these courses are beyond the minimum number of units required for your BS degree.

How to Apply

  • Apply between the 5th and 7th semester of your undergraduate program (transfer student timeframe for application will be adjusted on a case-by-case basis)
  • Send an email indicating interest and a resume to and request to make an appointment with the Integrated BS/MS advisor.

EPP Graduate Application Support Program (GrASP)

We are a volunteer group of current EPP graduate students interested in helping prospective EPP applicants navigate the application process. We recognize that the process could be daunting and we are hoping to help answer any questions you might have and connect you with any resources that are available on campus to support you through the application process. 

We offer our services to all who are interested, regardless of race, ethnicity or background, but our mission is to increase the diversity of the student body.

Please sign up using THIS Google form. If you have any specific requests about what you would like to get out of the mentorship program, the type of students (research interests, demographics, or any other characteristics) you would like to be paired with, please include that in the comment section of the google form and we will do our best to accommodate those requests.