Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) is committed to providing health and safety services that protect the university community and the environment.
The mission of Environmental Health and Safety is to support the University’s mission and values by sustaining and enhancing a safe and healthy environment for the CMU community. Our service excellence plus one approach, and collaborative partnerships help mitigate the risk of injury, reduce impact to the environment, and maintain compliance within the areas of Fire, Laboratory, Workplace Safety.
Help ensure the safety and well-being of the CMU community.
University Police: 412-268-2323
Ethics Hotline: 1-877-700-7050
CMU-Alert is Carnegie Mellon's emergency notification system used to communicate important information during an emergency.
Waste Pickup Schedule
- Nov 30 Bio Waste Pickup (Mellon Institute)
- Dec 5 Chemical Waste Pickup (Mellon Institute AM and on-campus PM)
- Dec 7 Bio Waste Pickup (Mellon Institute)
- Dec 7 Computer Recycling Pickup
- Dec 14 Bio Waste Pickup (Mellon Institute and on-campus)
- Dec 19 Chemical Waste Pickup (Mellon Institute AM and on-campus PM)
- Dec 21 Bio Waste Pickup (Mellon Institute)