Although our program does not offer any internal scholarships, the CMU Fellowships and Scholarships Office (FSO) has a number of resources to assist in conducting a search for external scholarship options. We have listed a few specific opportunities to consider:
- AAUW International Fellowship– fellowship awarded for full-time study or research in the United States to women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- AAUW Selected Professions Fellowships– awarded to women who are pursuing a full-time course of study in one of the designated degree programs where women’s participation traditionally has been low.
- American Indian Graduate Center– provides a variety of funding opportunities for tribal students to assist with graduate studies in STEM fields.
- Great Minds in STEM – provides fellowship opportunities for graduate students of Hispanic heritage or individuals who have demonstrated a significant service within the underserved community.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund– designed to assist students of Hispanic heritage to obtain a university degree including graduate students with a primary focus on STEM fields of study.
- International Peace Scholarship – scholarship for international female students to pursue graduate study in the United States.
- National GEM Consortium– opportunities for fellowships for individuals from underrepresented communities to pursue graduate education in applied science and engineering
- Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans– graduate school fellowships for immigrants and children of immigrants.