University Advancement at Carnegie Mellon engages and builds community with alumni and facilitates philanthropic support that contributes to the university’s mission and strategic vision.
The division’s activities include:
- The Alumni Association connects Carnegie Mellon alumni, students, parents and friends with the university and each other, and provides opportunities to participate in university initiatives. Visit Alumni Association website »
- Development fosters relationships, both existing and new, with Carnegie Mellon alumni, parents and friends for the purpose of advancing higher education and the university. Visit Giving to CMU website »
- Gift Planning assists supporters who wish to create a legacy at Carnegie Mellon through their estate plan. Visit Gift Planning website »
- Institutional Partnerships cultivates collaborations between CMU and corporations and foundations. Visit Institutional Partnerships website »
- Advancement Programs and Services oversees communications; data and technology; research; annual support; and donor appreciation programming, including:
- Advancement Communications raises awareness of university priorities, opportunities and needs, and tells donor and philanthropic stories.
- Advancement Information Services ensures alumni and supporters’ gifts are handled according to their wishes and that their records are accurate, and provides leadership around technological enhancements.
- Annual Giving works with alumni, friends, faculty, staff and students to provide annual support for CMU. Visit Giving to CMU website »
- Donor Relations recognizes donors through activities including events, endowment fund reporting and recognition societies.