University Advancement at Carnegie Mellon connects and builds community with alumni, raises funds that contribute to the university mission, manages university brand and reputation, as well as numerous other university functions.
The division is comprised of five major organizational areas:
- Alumni Relations & Annual Giving connects and involves Carnegie Mellon alumni, students, parents and friends with the university and each other, and manages annual fundraising efforts for CMU. Visit Alumni Association website » | Visit Giving to CMU website »
- Advancement Communications provides donor services, including overseeing campaign communications and managing development events.
- Campaign, Strategic Initiatives & Foundations Relations manages both foundation philanthropy and specific, strategic fundraising priorities.
- Corporate & Advancement Information Services directs all corporate and institutional relationships, as well as all Advancement-focused research and back-end technology support. Visit Corporate website »
- Individual Giving fosters relationships, both old and new, with Carnegie Mellon University alumni, parents, and friends for the purpose of advancing higher education and our institution. Visit Giving to CMU website »
In everything we do, University Advancement works to enhance the university's leadership position by using strategic, visionary and integrated approaches.