University Advancement at Carnegie Mellon connects and builds community with alumni and raises funds that contribute to the university mission.
The division is comprised of seven major organizational areas:
- Alumni Relations & Annual Giving connects and involves Carnegie Mellon alumni, students, parents and friends with the university and each other, and manages annual fundraising efforts for CMU.Visit Alumni Association website » | Visit Giving to CMU website »
- Donor Relations provides donor services, including overseeing development communications and managing development events.
- Foundation Relations manages both foundation philanthropy and specific, strategic fundraising priorities.
- Corporate & Institutional Partnerships directs all corporate and institutional relationships. Visit Corporate website »
- Development fosters relationships, both old and new, with Carnegie Mellon University alumni, parents, and friends for the purpose of advancing higher education and our institution. Visit Giving to CMU website »
- Advancement Information Services oversees all Advancement-focused research and back-end technology.
- Human Resources focuses on developing people and the workplace culture through workforce planning, recruitment and selection, rewards and recognition, learning and development, employee relations, and organizational development/change management.
In everything we do, University Advancement works to enhance the university's leadership position by using strategic, visionary and integrated approaches.