The CMU Pantry
Policies & Procedures
Pantry Policies & Procedures
- All CMU students are eligible to use the Pantry to receive free food assistance for themselves and their dependents.
- We are currently limiting the number of people in the Pantry at any given time in order to protect the health and safety of our shoppers and staff. If you are visiting the Pantry with a friend or dependent, we ask that only one person enter the Pantry to shop.
- The CMU Pantry is intended to be a supplementary source of food. As always, we ask that shoppers utilize the Pantry as needed, keeping in mind that our resource provides for many students in the CMU community, so shoppers should not use the Pantry to “stock up” supplies of food at home. If you find that you need more food than the Pantry can provide, please speak with one of our staff members or email firstname.lastname@example.org to be connected with other food resources in the area.
- Another person, such as a friend, partner, or roommate, may shop in your place if you are unable to make it to the Pantry yourself. The Shopping Reservation Form includes an option for you to authorize someone else to shop for you.
- All shoppers are expected to follow the guidelines outlined in “A Tartan’s Responsibility” in order to minimize the risk of transmitting COVID-19. This includes adhering to University guidelines regarding the use of facial coverings, physical distancing, etc. We also ask that shoppers do not visit the Pantry if you feel sick; instead, you should send a friend to serve as an alternate shopper.