Submitting info for your Rep profile page
The Elections Committee will use this information to build a bio page that your colleagues can view during both the nomination and voting periods. If you would like to prepare in advance, you can view the sample questionnaire in the section below. You can also take a look at current reps' profiles. We ask that you keep your answers brief as this is not meant to be a burden to you.
Submitting a Photo
You can submit a professional looking photo as long as it meets these minimum requirements:
- 72 dpi resolution
- only JPG, JPEG, or PNG file types
- minimum dimension is 800 x 800.
NOTE: We reserve the right to crop photos as necessary and we will not use any photos that do not meet these requirements.
You can use a photo from your department's website or you can email Carnegie Mellon ID Card Services email@example.com to request a copy of your ID card photo.
NAME YOUR PHOTO USING your last name and your first name (for example, "carnegie_andrew.jpg") and please put "STAFF COUNCIL BIO PHOTO" in the subject line.
If you do not have a photo that meets these requirements, the Elections Committee is happy to come to your office to take a quick photo. Just email us and let us know.
The goal of this questionnaire is to gather short bios of Staff Council Candidates and Representatives for the website. There are a couple of basic questions (job, dept, time at CMU), a question on your aspirations for staff council, and finally something fun and personal to let your constituents get to know you better!
1. Please give us your name as you want it to appear on the Staff Council website.
2. What is your email address?
(We will not publish your actual address. A link will be created.)
3. Choose one option below:
- I am running for a seat on Staff Council FOR THE FIRST TIME and I am entering new profile information.
- I am an incumbent and I want to UPDATE my Staff Council profile.
- I am an incumbent. Please USE MY CURRENT profile as it is on the website.
- I was appointed by the Vice Chair to fill a vacancy by a single representative.
PROOF READ your responses before submitting!
Text will be copied and pasted exactly as you type it. We are not able to edit content once it's been submitted.
4. Please tell us your job title:
5. And your department:
6. How long have you been at CMU? (e.g. "10 years" or "6 months")
7. Briefly tell us in your own words what work you do at CMU… (limit 250 characters)
8. Finish this sentence: “During my term, I would like to see Staff Council…” (How can you help make that happen?) (limit 400 characters)
9. Just for fun, pick 1 or 2 of the following questions and answer them.
When you are ready, submit your bio using the link in the email that was sent to you.
For questions or concerns, please send an email to Staff Council.