Reporting Data and Debriefing
- The search committee chair should obtain the aggregate demographic data for the applicant pool via Interfolio.
- At the end of the search, the search committee chair can provide a debriefing report on the effectiveness of the committee's diversity efforts and lessons learned. The debriefing report provides an opportunity for search committees and departments to build on others’ experience. Along with the demographic data about the pool, debriefing reports will be most valuable when they highlight information for improving the success of future searches, for example:
- challenges encountered in implementing the search plan,
- feedback from potential applicants contacted or those interviewed,
- summary of the offers made and any special efforts in recruiting after an offer was made (e.g. related to dual careers), and
- ideas for improving the interview or recruiting process.