The Offices of the Vice Provost for Faculty and Vice Provost for Education work together with the schools and colleges to help CMU's faculty, postdoctoral fellows and graduate students engage in effective mentoring, professional development, network building, and connections with one another.
All faculty, staff, postdoctoral fellows and graduate students are eligible for memberships with Academic Impressions and the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD). We also host live workshops with NCFDD, and we are developing faculty peer mentoring workshops.
NCFDD Mentoring suite
- Every Semester Needs a Plan
- Mentoring 101: How to Get What You Need to Thrive in the Academy
- Re-Thinking Mentoring: How to Build Communities of Inclusion, Support, and Accountability
- Best Practices in Designing Mentoring Programs for Early Career Faculty
- Customizing Your Peer Mentor Program: Best Practices in Developing a Peer Mentoring Framework