Keep In Touch!
How have you been?
Our annual Interactions newsletter shares stories about our alumni. For example, its 2015 edition was devoted to Alumni Through the Decades. Please send us news about yourself that we can post on this webpage.
- May 2019: Dr. Patricia McBride (BS CMU Physics '77) received a 2019 CMU Alumni Achievement Award.
- Feb. 2018: Dr. Njema Frazier (BS CMU Physics '92) and Mark Geldfand (BS CMU '73) received 2018 CMU Alumni Achievement Awards.
- May 2017: Francis Starr (BS CMU Physics '93) established a new Integrated Design, Engineering, and Applied Science program at Wesleyan University that starts in fall of 2017. Francis is a Professor of Physics and the Director of the College of Integrative Sciences at Wesleyan.
- Oct. 2016: Rebecca Reesman (BS CMU Physics '09) received an AAAS Science & Technology Policy Congressional Fellowship, sponsored by the AIP, to spend a year on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. as a member of the legislative staff.
- Sept. 2016: Douglas T. Petkie (BS CMU Physics '90) has been named Department Head of the Department of Physics at Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
- Sept. 2016: Joseph Vukovich (BS CMU Physics '13) is now a Legislative Fellow at the Office of Congressman Cartwright.
- Aug. 2016: Noel Bartlow (née Berman; BS CMU Physics '07) has been appointed Assistant Professor of Geological Sciences at the University of Missouri.