George Westinghouse Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering; Director, T-SET University Transportation Center; Director, Real-Time and Multimedia Systems Lab
BioRajkumar's interests lie in all aspects of embedded real-time systems and wireless/sensor networks.
ResearchRajkumar's research interests lie in all aspects of embedded real-time systems and wireless/sensor networks. In the domain of embedded real-time systems, his interests include but are not limited to operating systems, scheduling theory, resource management, wired/wireless networking protocols, quality of service management, hardware/software architecture, model-based design tools and power management. In the context of wireless/sensor networks, my research interests span hardware, devices, power-efficient networking protocols, run-time environments, large-scale system architectures, visualization and administrative tools.
- R. Rajkumar, "Synchronization in Real-Time Systems: A Priority Inheritance Approach", Kluwer Academic Publishers, ISBN 0-7923-9211-6, 1991, 208 pp.
- R. Rajkumar, Editor, “Operating Systems and Services”, Kluwer Academic Publishers, ISBN 0-7923-8548-9, August 1999, 204 pp.
- Dionisio de Niz, Gaurav Bhatia and R. Rajkumar, "Separation of Concerns in Model-Based Development of Distributed Real-Time Systems", Behavioral Modeling for Embedded Systems and Technologies: Applications for Design and Implementation, Information Science Reference, Lums Gomes and Joco M. Fernandes, Editors, ISBN 978-1-60566-750-8, IGI Global, July 2009.
- Anthony Rowe, Rahul Mangharam, R. Rajkumar, "FireFly: A Time Synchronized Real-Time Sensor Networking Platform", Wireless Ad Hoc Networking: Personal-Area, Local-Area, and the Sensory-Area Networks, CRC Press, November 2006. [pdf]
- R. Rajkumar, K. Juvva, A. Molano and S. Oikawa, "Resource Kernels: A Resource-Centric Approach to Real-Time Systems", In Readings in Multimedia Computing and Networking, Editors: Kevin Jeffay, and HongJiang Zhang, Morgan Kaufman Publishers, Summer 2001.
- F. Jahanian, R. Rajkumar and S. Raju, "A Run-Time Monitor for Distributed Real-Time Systems", published in The IEEE Tutorial Monitoring and Debugging of Distributed Real-time Systems, Tsai and Yang, Editors, ISBN 0-8186-6537-8, 1995.
- R. Rajkumar, L. Sha, J.P. Lehoczky and K. Ramamritham, "An Optimal Priority Inheritance Policy For Synchronization in Real-Time Systems", pages 249-271, In Advances in Real-Time Systems, Prentice nHall, S. Son, Editor, ISBN 0-13-083348-7, 1995.
- F. Jahanian, R. Rajkumar and S. Raju, "Runtime Monitoring of Timing Constraints in Distributed Real-Time Systems", In Responsive Computing, Kluwer Academic Publishers, ISBN 0-7923-9511-5, M. Malek, Editors, September 1994.
- L. Sha and R. Rajkumar, "Rate-Monotonic Analysis", pages 984-991,InEncyclopedia of Software Engineering, Volume 2, published by John Wiley and Sons, ISBN 0-471-54004-8, 1994.
- K. Ekanadham, S. Gregor, K. Hiraki, R. A. Iannucci and R. Rajkumar, "An Architecture for Generalized Synchronization and Efficient Context-Switching", pages 285-316, In Multi-Threaded Architectures, Kluwer Academic Publishers, R. A. Iannucci, Editor, ISBN 0-7923-9477-1, Sept. 1993.
- L. Sha, R. Rajkumar and J. P. Lehoczky, "Priority Inheritance Protocols: An Approach to Real-Time Synchronization", In Advances in Hard Real-Time Systems - A Tutorial, Stankovic and Ramamritham, Editors, IEEE Computer Society Press, Washington D.C., September 1993.
- L. Sha, R. Rajkumar, J. P. Lehoczky, K. Ramamritham, "Mode Changes in a Prioritized Preemptive Scheduling Environment", In Advances in Hard Real-Time Systems, Stankovic and Ramamritham, Editors, IEEE Computer Society Press, Washington D.C., September 1993.
- Co-Editor, Chapter on "Real-Time Systems", the IEEE Standards book0896.3-1993 IEEE Recommended Practice for FutureBus+, ISBN 1-5593-7434-9, 1993.