Nicholas Z. Muller
Associate Professor and Lester and Judith Lave Chair of Economics, Department of Engineering and Public Policy and Tepper School of Business
Muller's current work focuses on accounting for air pollution damages in the U.S. economy, assessing the employment and environmental consequences of shale gas development, design of efficient air pollution policy, optimal siting of solar generation resources, and the intersection between macroeconomic policies and environmental outcomes.
- PhD - Yale University (2007)
- MPA - Indiana University (2002)
- BS - University of Oregon (1996)
Erin L. Mayfield, Jared Cohon, Allen L. Robinson, Inês Azevedo, N.Z. Muller (2019). "Cumulative air, climate, and employment impacts of natural gas systems," Nature Sustainability. DOI: 10.1038/s41893-019-0420-1.
P. Tschofen, I. Azevedo. N.Z. Muller (2019). "Fine Particulate Matter Damages and Value Added in the United States Economy," Proceedings of the National Academy of Science. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1905030116.
Tessum, C., Apte, J.S., Goodkind, A.L., Muller, N.Z., Mullins, K.A., Paollela, D.A., Polasky, S., Springer, N.P., Thakrar,S.K., Marshall, J.D., Hill, J.D. (2019). "Inequity in consumption of goods and services adds to racial-ethnic disparities in air pollution exposure." Proceedings of the National Academy of Science. 116 (13) 6001-6006.
- Clay, K., A. Jha, N.Z. Muller, and R. Walsh (2019). "The External Costs of Shipping Petroleum Products by Pipeline and Rail: Evidence of Shipments of Crude Oil from North Dakota." The Energy Journal. 40(1).
- Fowlie, M. and N. Z. Muller (2019). "Market-based Emissions Regulation When Damages Vary Across Sources: What Are the Gains from Di§erentiation?" Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists. Forthcoming.
- Holland, S. P., E. T. Mansur, N. Z. Muller, and A. J. Yates (2019). "Distributional Effects of Air Pollution from Electric Vehicle Adoption" Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists. Forthcoming.
- Muller, N. Z. (2019). "The Derivation of Discount Rates with an Augmented Measure of Income." Journal of Environmental Economics and Management. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jeem.2019.02.007
- Tessum, C., J. S. Apt, A. L. Goodkind, N.Z. Muller, K. A. Mullins, D. A. Paollela, S. Polasky, N. P. Springer, S. K. Thakrar, J. D. Marshall, and J. D. Hill (2019). "Inequity in consumption of goods and services adds to racial-ethnic disparities in air pollution exposure." Proceedings of the National Academy of Science. Forthcoming.