CMU Energy + Cleantech Hackathon - Judging Criteria
The judges will consider the following criteria to evaluate final presentations by student teams:
- Has the team developed a working solution for the challenge?
- Has the team effectively utilized the data available to them to inform their solution/recommendations?
- (if applicable) Has the team utilized other publicly available datasets to further validate their solution/recommendations?
- Does the solution offer sufficient value or benefit to outweigh estimated cost and risk?
- Are final recommendations/solution backed by sound economic reasoning?
Quality of Presentation
- Do the slides effectively utilize data visualization in the form of charts, graphs, tables etc. to support recommendations?
- Did the team deliver a compelling and succinct final presentation?
- Were the slides visually appealing and easy to understand?
- How well were team members able to respond effectively to questions related to thier solution/recommendations?