During a career fair, CMU students and alumni are able to talk with employers about full-time and summer internship opportunities. The CPDC also offers career-related workshops and events open to all students during the academic year. See below for information regarding career fairs, CPDC workshops and events.
All career fairs are restricted to currently enrolled, degree-seeking Carnegie Mellon University students and alumni. You will be admitted on the day of the career fair by showing your Carnegie Mellon ID and/or your resume.
Visit Handshake to view all upcoming career events, including career fairs, workshops, information sessions, webinars, etc.
Prepare for a Virtual Career Event
Virtual Career Fair Prep [pdf]
Prepare for an In-Person Career Event
It’s important to look your best and feel prepared to communicate your story during any career event. Here are some resources to help you get started:
- Job Fairs Quick Tips [pdf]
- Developing a 30-Second Elevator Pitch/Self-Introduction [pdf]
- Professional Attire & Presentation [pdf]
- Prepare for Interviews After the Career Fair [pdf]
Information Sessions are events hosted by employers on or near Carnegie Mellon's campus for students to:
- Learn more about a company
- Meet current employees of the company
- Introduce themselves to recruiters of a company in which they have interest
- Ask questions about specific jobs, company culture, etc.
All information sessions are posted in Handshake under the Events tab.