Applications for Carnegie Mellon Students for the Integrated Master's/Bachelor's Program
Biomedical Engineering allows a streamlined application process for qualified CIT and MCS students to enter its accelerated BME M.S. program, by dramatically reducing the required documents and waiving the application fee.
- Streamlined application process for the BME M.S. Program
- No GRE scores or recommendation letters required
- No application fee
- Late April deadline for Fall entry
- Admission as early as Spring semester of the junior year or as late as within one year of graduation
- Counting qualified BME courses unused for the B.S. degree
- Flexible curriculum adaptable to both CIT and MCS students with various career goals including Health Professions
- Applying to the BME M.S. program (only)
- Completed at least the first semester of the junior year, or within a year of graduation from CMU
- BME additional major with an overall QPA of at least 3.0, or Non-BME CIT or MCS student with an overall QPA of at least 3.3; students with a slightly lower QPA may inquire the Graduate Program Administrator about the procedure of admission.
Students who do not meet the above criteria, and students who are applying for BME M.S. Research or Ph.D. program, must follow the procedure on the general admissions page. However, application fee is waived for all CMU students regardless.
Requirements and Submission
- Application form with a personal statement
- For non-BME students only, non-official CMU transcript as a pdf file
- Submission by email to the BME Graduate Program Administrator
- Application deadline: May 30