Due to the structure of additional major, navigating through the Biomedical Engineering requirements is different from primary engineering majors. Biomedical Engineering advisors collaborate with students to assist them in achieving their goals. They provide guidance on course selection and electives, verify progress toward degree requirements, and more. Students are strongly encouraged to meet with advisors in both Biomedical Engineering and in their primary engineering major.
Kristin Kropf is the primary advisor for additional majors who will advise on course scheduling and meeting requirements in order to graduate. In addition, you will also be assigned a track advisor to discuss research opportunities and career goals related to the tracks.
List of advisors by tracks:
- Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering (BMTE): Rosalyn Abbott and Charlie Ren
- Biomechanics (BMEC): Dennis Trumble and Yu-li Wang
- Biomedical Signal and Image Processing (BSIP): Steve Chase and Jana Kainerstorfer
- Cellular and Molecular Biotechnology (CMBT): Bob Tilton
- Neuroengineering (Neuro): Steve Chase and Jana Kainerstorfer
- Self-Designed Biomedical Engineering (SBME): Conrad Zapanta
Students should start considering track choices as early as the end of their freshman year. Students must declare their track during Spring Sophomore year but contacting Kristin Kropf.
Contacting your advisor
Track advisors can be contacted via email.