Wednesday, May 20, 2015
On May 16th, 14 doctoral, 19 masters and 63 bachelors degrees were conferred at the Department of Biological Sciences diploma ceremony. Acting Department Head Aaron Mitchell, Assistant Head for Undergraduate Affairs Maggie Braun and Assistant Head for Graduate Affairs Shoba Subramanian presided over the ceremony.
The diversity of the degrees awarded to the 63 graduating seniors included:
• 38 B.S. in Biological Sciences
• 10 B.S. in Biological Sciences and Psychology
• 4 B.S. in Biological Sciences/Neuroscience Track
• 3 B.S. in Neuroscience
• 3 B.A. in Biological Sciences
• 2 B.S. in Computational Biology
• 1 B.S. in Biological Sciences and Music Performance
• 1 B.S.A. in Biological Sciences and Art
• 1 B.S. in Business Administration with an additional major in Biological Sciences
There were also five Science and Humanities Scholars. The interdisciplinary nature of Carnegie Mellon University was highlighted in the additional majors and minors of the students. Art, Biomedical Engineering, Business Administration, Chemistry, Chinese Studies, Computer Science, English, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, French and Francophone Studies, and Photography were just a few of the additional majors and minors.
Outstanding Academic Achievement, Outstanding Undergraduate Research, and Student Advisory Council Service Awards honors were bestowed upon 24 undergraduate students.
Congratulations to all of the graduates!