Housing Services at Carnegie Mellon University
Housing Services seeks to create a residential experience that supports a positive transition to college life, fosters independence and personal growth, and provides students with opportunities for meaningful community engagement. Housing Services has over 4,000 students living on campus in first-year, upper-class, Greek, and graduate housing. Located in the vibrant city of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon offers on campus housing options on the “Hill,” in the “Morewood Corridor,” and in the “Oakland Community.”
Why live on campus?
As research shows, the college residential experience significantly contributes to academic success, graduating on time, and the positive development of the whole student. At Carnegie Mellon University, living on campus provides:
- A 24/7 community of support
- A place where safety and security are top priorities
- A residential experience that fosters personal development, meaningful engagement, and life-long relationships
- Convenience to all academic buildings, the student center, and 34 dining locations
- Fully furnished rooms and spaces
- All-inclusive living, including housing, utilities, cable, and Internet
Whether you are a prospective, current, or graduate student, a parent, or a guest on campus, Housing Services is always here to help. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-268-2139 or visit us at one of our two Housing office locations - we are located in Oakland and on the Hill.
Housing Services Office Hours
Residence on Fifth (4700 Fifth Avenue, 2nd Floor)
Margaret Morrison Storefront (5134 Margaret Morrison Street)
Monday – Friday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm