Our office is committed to providing programming that not only is engaging but also meaningful to students as they prepare to transition to college, broaden their professional network and give back to the community. Contact our office to learn how you can become a part!
- COMPASS (Coaching Minority Progress and Success in Science) – A peer mentoring program for undergraduate students in MCS
- BASE (Building Alliances for Success in Engineering) – A peer mentoring program for undergraduate students in CIT
Power Engagement Programs
- Class Meetings (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior)
- These meetings aim to cover relevant academic topics impacting each group. Students have the opportunity to exchange information and learn from one another in a relaxed setting. As an example, the first topic discussed in Freshman Meeting is “The First 30 Days.” This session allows students to navigate between their expectations prior coming to CMU and how they are adjusting to their new role.
- Contemporary Topics - Discussion Groups
- These groups provide an opportunity for our students to discuss contemporary topics impacting their lives.
- Leadership Retreat
- Every two years CMARC sponsors a 3-day off-campus leadership retreat for our students. This event promotes leadership principles, networking with prominent leaders and alumni. The overarching goal is for students to learn how to develop effective plans to achieve their personal, professional and organizational goals.
- Career Seminars, scholarships and more!
- We partner with prominent organizations, campus departments, and companies to host career seminars and a variety of information sessions. Check out our financial resources page to learn about opportunities available!
- CMARC Student Ambassador
- CMARC Ambassadors represent the Carnegie Mellon Advising Resource Center on campus, at alumni and corporate gatherings, and various events with current students, perspective students and their families.
- This is a two-day off-campus pre-orientation program that serves as a bridge for students as they transition from high school to college. African-American, Hispanic/Latino, and Native American freshmen are encouraged to apply. Space is limited.
- Alumni Connections
- Our active alumni understand the impact and benefits of being involved in CMARC. Through our office, they act as mentors, share information regarding career opportunities, scholarships, and internships.
Cultural Connections – Contact email@example.com
- Student Organizations
- Spanish and Latin Student Organization (S.A.L.S.A.) strives to increase campus awareness of issues specific to Latino and Hispanic-American students as well as international students from Spanish-speaking countries.
- SPIRIT promotes African American awareness on campus.
- SHPE (Society of Hispanic Engineers) promotes the development of Hispanics in engineering, science and other technical professions to achieve educational and professional excellence.
- NSBE's (National Society of Black Engineers) mission is to increase the number of culturally responsible Black engineers who excel academically, succeed professionally and positively impact the community.
- IMPACT is a movement of Christ followers committed to making an impact on our community and the world.
- MAPS (Multicultural Association of Pre-Med Students) is an organization dedicated towards serving underserved populations, specifically those that suffer from health disparities, and functioning as a resource for those students interested in a career in health.