Getting to Carnegie Mellon
Driving From the East:
- Take the PA Turnpike West to Pittsburgh/Monroeville Exit.
- Follow Interstate 376 West to Edgewood/Swissvale Exit.
- Turn right onto Braddock Avenue (at the end of the ramp).
- Continue to the Forbes Avenue intersection (Frick Park will be on the left).
- Turn left onto Forbes Avenue and follow approximately three miles to campus.
Driving From the South:
- Take Interstate 79 North to 279 North (following Pittsburgh).
- Follow 279 North toward Pittsburgh going through the Fort Pitt Tunnel and then onto the Fort Pitt Bridge.
- Once on the bridge, stay in the far right lanes and follow signs for 376 East/Monroeville.
- Take 376 East to the Forbes Avenue/Oakland exit.
- Stay in the right hand lanes, following Forbes Avenue approximately 1.3 miles through the Oakland business district to campus.
Driving From the West/North:
- Take the PA Turnpike to Cranberry Exit.
- Follow the direct highway connection between the turnpike and Interstate 79 South.
- Get onto Interstate 79 going south.
- After several miles bear left directly onto 279 South where Interstate 79 South splits.
- Stay on 279 South towards Pittsburgh.
- As you near the city, follow signs for 579 South and cross the Veterans Bridge.
- After crossing the bridge, watch carefully on your right for the 376 East/Oakland exit ramp.
- Bear right onto this ramp, which will place you on the Boulevard of the Allies.
- Continue on the Boulevard of the Allies for approximately 1/2 mile. Do not bear right at the 376 East/Monroeville ramp. Instead, stay left and continue on the Boulevard until the Forbes Avenue Exit off-ramp to the right (the exit will be marked by a small green sign, so watch for it carefully!!)
- Stay in the right-hand lanes, following Forbes Avenue approximately 1.3 miles through the Oakland business district to campus.
Transportation Options from the Airport
Driving Directions to Carnegie Mellon University:
Follow 279/376 North toward Pittsburgh through the Fort Pitt Tunnel and onto the Fort Pitt Bridge. Once on the bridge, stay in the far right lanes and follow signs for 376 East/Monroeville. Take 376 East to the Forbes Avenue/Oakland exit. Stay in the right hand lanes, following Forbes Avenue approximately 1.3 miles through the Oakland business district to campus.
Estimated travel time: 45 minutes.
Port Authority Transit (PAT) 28X Airport Flyer Bus:
The bus stops in front of Carnegie Mellon. The trip takes about 40 minutes. For schedules and rates, contact PAT at 412 442-2000.
Express Shuttle USA:
Provides shuttle service between the airport and hotels in downtown Pittsburgh and Oakland. For schedules and rates, call 412 321-4990.
Carnegie Mellon is 22 miles from the Pittsburgh International Airport.
Yellow Cab: 412 321-8100
Peoples Cab: 412 441-3200
Checker Cab: 412 664-5600
All Star Limousines: 1-888 546-6161
Embassy Coach Transportation Services: 412 672-4600
Regency: 1-800 397-0071