Carnegie Mellon University


Division of Enrollment Services


Student Records

Students will need to request and present official university documents for a variety of reasons both during and after enrollment at Carnegie Mellon University. While the University Registrar's Office is responsible for the maintenance and documentation of all student records, The HUB assists in providing services to meet these student needs.

Preferred Name

Carnegie Mellon University recognizes that students may wish to use a name other than their given names as recorded on official university documents. When designated by a student, the university will use a preferred first/given name in all university documents except where use of the official name is required by university business or legal need. Learn more