Carnegie Mellon University


A Carnegie Mellon University transcript is a student's official documentation of courses completed and degrees awarded. This includes courses and final grades for each semester. It always includes both the undergraduate and graduate record (if applicable), as well as any transfer or advanced placement credits.

This page serves as a guide to students and alumni who wish to order an official transcript and those who wish to submit a transcript for transfer credit. 

Request a Carnegie Mellon Transcript

We have partnered with Parchment (formerly Credentials Solutions) to provide online 24/7 transcript ordering services with confidential delivery. There is a document and service fee of $10 per transcript.

Delivery options are: 

  • electronic delivery/PDF (for students who earned degrees after 1990)
  • USPS first class mail
  • express delivery (extra fees may apply, depending on the service and destination)

Order Your Transcript through Parchment

Currently Enrolled Students

Currently enrolled students may log in through SIO and, under the Academic Info tab, request a transcript through Parchment with no further authorization needed. 

Alumni/Former Students

Alumni and/or former students may order transcripts directly through Parchment  (formerly Credentials Solutions). You will be asked to create an account and authorization will be required to complete the order. If you attended CMU after 1990, please provide your Andrew ID  in the "Student ID" field.  PDF/electronic versions of transcripts are not available for those who attended CMU before 1990.

Important Update: Due to public health concerns surrounding COVID-19, our staff is working remotely, and therefore transcripts and verifications will take 7-10 business days to process for alumni who graduated from Carnegie Mellon prior to 1990. We thank you for your patience during this time. 

Walk-In Services

The HUB student service center is located on the lower level (basement) of Warner Hall. Students and alumni are invited to visit us during the walk-in hours.

Investigator Requests

Investigators who have a written consent to release information may  print and complete an Investigator Request (pdf) form prior to visiting the University Registrar's Office. 

Prospective Undergraduate Students 

If you are a prospective undergraduate student, transcripts for admission should be submitted to the Office of Undergraduate Admission or

Submitting a Transcript for Transfer Credit

To be considered for transfer credit from another accredited institution, currently enrolled students must have their official transcripts sent to the University Registrar's office either electronically or through mail.  Unofficial transcripts, screenshots, or personal copies of transcripts are not accepted. We can only accept transcripts directly from students if the contents are in an official, sealed, and unopened envelope.  

Transcripts should be submitted to one of the following addresses, depending on medium: 


By mail: Carnegie Mellon University
                University Registrar's Office
                5000 Forbes Ave,  Warner Hall A19
                Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Upon receipt, the University Registrar's Office will verify the official transcript and send a copy of the transcript to the appropriate academic department responsible for the student's transfer credit decisions.  The official transcript will reside in the student's academic file.

Students interested in learning more about transferring credits from classes taken over the summer, while studying abroad, or during a leave of absence may visit the Transfer Credit webpage. 

Students interested in taking courses for credit at one of the Pittsburgh Council on Higher Education (PCHE) affiliate schools may visit the Cross-Registration (PCHE) webpage.