The Human Resources Service Center is ready to assist employees with questions concerning onboarding, benefits, Workday and payroll. Frequently asked questions (FAQs) have been provided below to allow for self-service. If you still need help, you can search the knowledge base or submit a request for assistance (Andrew ID login required) and create an HR or Payroll ticket. If an in-person appointment is needed, directions to the HR Service Center and parking are available.
New! For employment and income verification, third parties and former employees should direct all inquiries to The Work Number®. The Work Number® is the name of the service that provides Carnegie Mellon University's employment and income verifications.
- Website: www.theworknumber.com
- Telephone: 877-442-9963 M-F 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (ET)
- Email: email@example.com
- Employer Code: 18385
For additional resources, please review the following documents provided by The Work Number®:
- Employee Guide [pdf] — Provides further insight on The Work Number® and the various features available to employees to access their data including how to get access to your Employment Data Report (EDR), data dispute assistance, data freeze, login assistance, salary key and immigration verification
- Employee FAQ [pdf] — Provides additional information on The Work Number® and highlights frequently asked questions from employees
Please note that the HR Service Center will continue handle specific requests from the Department of Defense and the National Security Agency.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness Employment Certification
- Complete sections 1–2 of the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Employment Certification Form [pdf].
- Contact the HR Service Center at 412-268-4600 to complete sections 3–4 of the form.
- Send the completed form to the U.S. Department of Education, as indicated in section 7 of the form. Retain a copy for your records.