Carnegie Mellon University


The Human Resources Service Center is ready to assist employees with questions concerning onboarding, benefits, Workday and payroll. Frequently asked questions (FAQs) have been provided below to allow for self-service. If you still need help, you can search the knowledge base or submit a request for assistance (Andrew ID login required) and create an HR or Payroll ticket. If an in-person appointment is needed, directions to the HR Service Center and parking are available.

Employment Verifications

Current Employees

Request a letter to verify your employment at CMU (Andrew ID login required).

Former Employees

Complete the Employment Verification Request Form [pdf] and submit it to the HR Service Center

Vendors and Third Parties

Submit a written request with the employee's signed authorization to the HR Service Center.

Public Service Loan Forgiveness Employment Certification

  1. Complete sections 1–2 of the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Employment Certification Form [pdf].
  2. Contact the HR Service Center at 412-268-4600 to complete sections 3–4 of the form.
  3. Send the completed form to the U.S. Department of Education, as indicated in section 7 of the form. Retain a copy for your records.