The HR Services team is ready to assist employees with questions concerning onboarding, benefits, Workday and payroll. View the FAQs, search the knowledge base or submit a request for assistance (Andrew ID login required) and create an HR or Payroll ticket. If you need an in-person appointment, directions to the HR Service Center and parking are available.
Frequently Asked Questions
For employment and income verification, third parties and former employees should direct all inquiries to The Work Number®. The Work Number® from Equifax is the service that provides Carnegie Mellon University's employment and income verifications.
- Website: www.theworknumber.com
- Telephone: 877-442-9963 M-F 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (ET)
- Email: email@example.com
- Employer Code: 18385
For additional resources, please review the following documents provided by The Work Number®:
Please note that HR Services will continue to handle specific requests from the Department of Defense and the National Security Agency.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness Employment Certification
- Complete sections 1–2 of the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Employment Certification Form [pdf].
- Do not add your Social Security number to the form at this time.
- Email the form to HR Services for completion of sections 3–4 .
- An HR Services team member will call you to verify your identity. Identity verification is required before we can return the form to you.
- Add your Social Security number to the form.
- Send the completed form to the U.S. Department of Education, as indicated in section 7 of the form. Retain a copy for your records.