Handshake for Alumni
All Carnegie Mellon University alumni are eligible to create a Handshake account using their official alumni email address (email@example.com).
Depending on your graduation year, there are two ways to create your account:
Graduates After May 2017:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org your new alumni email address and request an alumni account
- Upon receiving an email from Handshake, create a new password
- Login under, "Alumni login" using your new alumni email
Graduates Prior to May 2017
- Visit http://cmu.joinhandshake.com and click on "Students/Alumni"
- Click on "Register for New Account" -- enter your name and your email@example.com email address, then create a password
- Agree to the terms and click "Submit"
- Login to your alumni email account to confirm the welcome email from Handshake
- Immediately login to your Handshake account and update your profile as follows:
- Choose "CMU" for the school.
- In the major field, start to type your exact CMU major and it should come up as an option (not all CMU majors are in the initial drop down before you start to type your CMU major). Choose your "CMU Major."
- Choose your "Education Level" and "College."
- Select "Alumni" for "Year in School" (this field is on the top left corner of the profile screen).
- Click on SAVE.
CMU CPDC staff will then approve your account (it may take up to 2 business days). If you have problems creating your profile or updating your information, please email Gerry Marnell at firstname.lastname@example.org.